BBQ RIB & CHILI COOKOFF
2013 Chili Cook-Off Results:
Sponsored by Glick’s Meat Market, the year the 7th annual BBQ Rib & Chili Cook-Off raised $1000 to be shared by FoodLink (Visalia) and Love Inc. (Reedley).
Visalia Firefighters Association was awarded South Valley’s Best Chili by the panel of judges, and Reedley Fire Department was awarded the People Choice for Best Chili. Chef Albert Hernandez, the untamed Chef, received top honor by both the judges and the public for Best Barbecued Ribs.
The lucky winners among the generous members of the public who made a $10 donation to sample, vote, and enter to win, were:
- Ivana Culver Glick’s Gift Certificate
- Shannon Stark Café 225 Gift Certificate
- Dustin Miller Comcast Gift Basket
- Cindy Isaak T-Roxel’s Olive Oil
- Helen Stebbins Central Valley Healthy Snacks Gift Basket
- Theresa Mendes & Susan Speer T&S Beef Jerky Product Pack
Also an unclaimed gift basket provided by Bravo Farms was donated to FoodLink.
Organizers thank Morris Levin & Son Hardware for generously donating the use of their Traeger Wood Pellet Grills.